What not to eat or drink before bedtime:
1. Soda, coffee or teas with caffeine: caffeine is a stimulant that will keep you awake.
2. Steak: red meat is fatty and high in protein which causes your body to work overtime to digest.
3. Alcohol: believed to be a depressant, this can affect your REM sleep.
4. Spicy foods: can cause heartburn and discomfort.
5. French fries: can cause heartburn and put your digestive tract into overdrive.
6. Chili: hot sauce, beans, beef. Just like spicy foods, it can cause heartburn and an upset stomach.
7. Celery: is a natural diuretic and can cause you to have to urinate more often throughout the night.
8. Pizza: the heavy carbs and meats can cause your stomach to over-work to process everything.
9. Candy bars: the sugar content can cause increases in nightmares.
10. Garlic: can cause heartburn.